The Official Pokémon Channel dropped a new video on September 1 giving us new information about the game.
In the video, the Dark/Normal-type Rattata was revealed making the Chinese leak more credible than it already was, as debated by the fans. Rattata’s new form is now black in color. The Alolan Rattata is nocturnal, making it adapt and have a new typing, to avoid its natural enemy Yungoos. Yungoos were imported and released to the Alola region to control the Rattata population.
It was also revealed in the trailer that players who purchase the game early will get a special Munchlax that evolves into Pulverizing Snorlax. The special Munchlax is holding a Z-Crystal called the Snorlium Z. Evolving Munchlax with the special item gives Snorlax the ability to use its special Z-Move called Pulverizing Pancake.
In addition to that, the special Munchlax you can receive as an early purchase bonus will “know the move Hold Back, which it could not normally learn,” according to the Pokemon website. Hold Back is an attack move that leaves its opponent with just 1 HP making it useful in weakening an opponent when it comes to catching wild Pokémon.
The special Munchlax will also know the move Happy Hour, another move it normally couldn’t learn. Happy Hour is a move that doubles the prize money when used during a Trainer Battle.
You can watch the video below:
Prior to the release of the video, an anonymous user posted a list claiming that they will be seen in the upcoming Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon. Here’s the list:
- Rockruff does have multiple evolutions, though they do not feature many design changes. The evolution you get depends on the phase of the moon. Rockruff also has a strong link with Z Stones and Synchro Evolution. Rockruff’s evolution is said to have a cowl that attaches to it’s tail. The poster claims its body may be fairly different, but the cross on its chest stood out.
- Just how Rockruff has evolutions that vary depending on the phases of the moon, there’s also a Pokémon that has evolutions that vary depending on the position of the sun during the day (dawn, noon or sunset) and it will not evolve at night. The Pokémon shoots seeds like a cannon.
- Some areas of Alola have strange weather and time conditions. One area will have permanent sunlight as Sunny Day has been activated and time does not pass, fog makes a come back.
Several new Pokémon will receive Alola forms:
- Paras/Parasect become Bug/Fairy-type and is said to be infected by Morelull
- Golem become Rock/Fire-type
- Koffing and Weezing both turn Fire-type, almost as though they have become uncontaminated
- Grimer and Muk also become “uncontaminated” and are pure Ground-type
- Solrock and Lunatone both receive new forms that are similar to Minior and have the same ability
There are more PokéRide features to be revealed, including several mini games featuring different Pokémon:
- Alola Arcanine can be ridden on hot waters. Arcanine’s zig-zags get replaced with wavy patterns and the tufts of fur on [its] paws look like waves
- Mountains can be climbed with an as-of-yet unseen Rock/Bug-type spider monkey. There’s a mini game where you have to avoid falling boulders which is the only way to catch Alola Golem without trading
- Hippowdon can be rode in a sand dungeon where players will have to avoid Sandygast and Palossand
- There are four Totem Pokémon battles: Gumshoos, Lurantis, Wishiwashi and an unrevealed, pure Fire-type looking pig that has lava flowing over its body. The pre-evolution of the pig Pokémon is said to roll in lava akin to how pig roll in mud
New details of currently revealed Pokémon:
- Komala evolves once into a more bear-looking Pokémon called Ibearnate. When it doesn’t sleep on the log it throw it around
- Pikipek has two evolutions, becoming more streamlined as it evolves and gaining Steel-type in it’s final stage called Fowldrill. The middle stage is known as Perfowl. There’s apparently a subquest in the games that require the player to explore Alola and find different markings left on trees by the Pokémon
- Pepperot is Bounsweet’s evolution and gains Fire typing when it evolves
- Tortunator has a prevolution called Krakatuga, it has a weak spot/button on it’s stomach
Pokéjungle has a complete rundown of the list along with their thoughts on the rumored leak, and also added the images provided by the anonymous poster that you can view here.
Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon are the primary paired version of Generation VII of the Pokémon series which will be released on the Nintendo 3DS, November 18.
What do you think about the new form of Rattata? Are you excited for the Special Munchlax? Do you think the list is legit? Discuss in the comments below!